The Ford County Road and Bridge Department constructs and maintains 228 miles of asphalt roads, 163 miles of county gravel roads, 140 bridges and 295 Box Culverts (under 20 feet in length). County crews are also responsible for 5 of the 14 Townships which are under contract for road maintenance.
Road and Bridge is responsible for the following:
- Driveway/Field entrances (Permit Required)
- Paint striping
- Repair and replacement of bridges and box culverts
- Right-of-way cleaning (mowing under Noxious Weed Department)
- Road construction and maintenance
- Sign installation and repair
- Snow/Ice control and removal
Upon request the department also provides assistance to the remaining eleven townships' road problems, drainage, signing and driveways. Ford County Road and Bridge Department uses State and Federal funds when feasible.