Our mission in the Victim Services Unit is to provide assistance to victims from the beginning to the end of the criminal justice process with collaboration. The Victim Assistance Unit is a collaboration of the local Criminal Justice Agencies including Ford County Attorney, Dodge City Police Department, and Ford County Sheriff. We want to encourage all victims to become a proactive member of the Criminal Justice System.
- Case Information: Information will be given regarding the status of their police investigation
- Assistance: Assistance throughout the criminal justice system including continuing with the same assistant for more familiarity
- On Scene Crisis Intervention: Crisis intervention, criminal support and advocacy at crime scene location is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Referrals: Assistance is provided to victims' for their individual needs for locating appropriate medical, psychological, and social services
- Crime Victim Compensation: Assistance is provided to victims to help apply for compensation, which can include medical bills, funeral expenses, counseling or loss of wages
- Bilingual Services: A Spanish speaking assistant and written materials are available