Can someone else attend hearing on my behalf?
Someone else may attend the informal meeting of HOP hearing. However, the owner must complete a "Declaration of Representation" form provided by the County Appraiser. Contact your County Appraiser for more information.

At a small claims hearing, the owner may appear personally or be represented by an attorney, certified appraiser, member of the owner's immediate family, or authorized employee by filing "Declaration of Representation" form with Board of Tax Appeals (BOTA). Generally BOTA requires that the actual property owner appear at its hearing, unless you are represented by an attorney. For more information please call 620-227-4570.

Show All Answers

1. What does my County Appraiser do?
2. How does the county's appraisal affect my taxes?
3. When will I be notified of the value of my property?
4. What can I do if I believe the value of my home is too high?
5. What steps do I take to appeal the "notice of value?"
6. What steps do I take to file a payment under protest?
7. What should I expect during an informal meeting?
8. What should I bring to an informal meeting or hearing?
9. Can someone else attend hearing on my behalf?
10. What Kansas Board of Tax Appeals (BOTA) hearing like?